A couple of weeks ago, I shared (has it been that long already?) about the update we did to our kids’ bathroom. A huge focal point of the room is the far wall where I’ve finally been able to display all of the prints I’ve been hoarding for the last several years.
I’m a big fan of intentional art. And by art, I mean free printables and rad stuff from some of my favorite artsy friends. Not art that is like, from an auction or looks like something Owen threw a box of Crayola washable paints on and then I paid $5,000 for it. Perhaps I need to be fancier to appreciate that kind of thing. Or perhaps I haven’t lost my cotton pickin’ first world mind quite yet.
For now, I especially like to display affirming words, meaningful verses, and gentle reminders throughout my house. When the kids are reading, they will see these words and perhaps serve as a gentle, humane, brainwashing technique and therefore they will then forget all the times I yelled and threatened to sell them on Craigslist. (What’s funny is that you think I’m joking.)
So I thought I’d give you a more detailed view of the prints I’ve hung. Now keep in mind that I’ve owned some of these for years, where they’ve lived quietly in a drawer waiting for the right opportunity. Many I’ve gotten on super sale. And some were gifted to me. So before you start clicking links and freaking out that I spent a small fortune (Andy, I’m talking to you), know that it’s not quite accurate. This wall is kind of a labor of love and patience. I’ve been dying to hang some of these for a very very long time. Capiche?
Also, let’s pretend I had enough foresight to number the pictures in these collages. Running clockwise, here are the places you can find these prints:
2. Love is Spoken Here print by The Painted Arrow. (available as a print or a digital download)
3. Be Still & Know by the uber talented Pen & Paint.
4. This is another one of our freebies from Blog Sugar.
1. Yikes. Another freebie we gave away (I think there were 4-5).
3. Good Morning Sunshine print by Children Inspire Design (the print I have was a closeout so she no longer carries it. Which is a bummer, but all of her stuff is fantastic.)
4. Go into the world print by Pen & Paint again. I cannot express how much I adore this saying. And Lindsay.
1. A cute little wooden hello sign that I spraypainted pink. I got it at a Queen Bee Market several years ago. Don’t remember the vendor. Boo.
2. Fruits of the Spirit print from Fancy That Design House. I die at her talent.
3. I’ll Eat You Up print (I got this from a special fundraiser and can’t find the shop, but there are lots of other prints with that quote). I am forever telling my kids that I’m going to eat them up. This simple print is kinda like my motherhood in a frame.
And this fantastic canvas by Red Letter Words. It’s resting on the toilet right now because the wainscotting went up a little higher than I expected and now it doesn’t fit in that little space of wall. I need to find a new home for it, but I also kinda love it there.
So there ya go. My gallery wall complete with links. And bad lighting.