Of every series I have ever hosted around here, this is the one that I have gotten the most emails offering to be a guest poster.
Clearly, the topic has resonated with many of you.
Likely because we all recognize that motherhood is this crazy journey filled with surprises and plenty of things that make us go hmmmmm….
So I thought I’d give you a chance to answer the prompt on your own!
And I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve told all of my guest bloggers: just tell your story. It can be funny. It can be silly. It can be sad. It can be poignant. It can be lyrical and poetic. Okay, maybe kick back on the poetry…it’s not my gig. (Kidding. I mean, not about liking poetry…I don’t get it…but if YOU like poetry, your post can be all haiku and such.)
It can be about any age or stage. It can be about what motherhood did to YOU. What surprised you most. How it affected your marriage. Anything. Poopy diapers to empty nesters and anything in between. And honestly, the more varied your entries, I think the more interesting it is! Be creative!
And because I like me some giveaways, I thought I’d add a few fun prizes to the mix:
Second…a Jo Tote Rose bag in bronze!!!!! Oh yes, yes it is. You know what a Jo Tote is don’t you? It’s a camera bag that isn’t hideous. It’s awesome. It’s worth $89. You know you want it.
There are a couple little rules though for this exercise:
1) Write a blog post in your own blog answering the prompt “What the Baby Books Don’t Tell You” and link up below.
2) Be sure to include the button (at the bottom of this post) so your readers know what’s up. I’d love to hear tons of voices answering the prompt!
3) You MUST include also mention/encourage/talk about our fundraiser in your post. This is what it’s really all about! Sharing story is awesome and fun and therapeutic, but let’s make it tangible too! We are almost halfway to our goal!
4) Throw your hands in the air and wave them all around like you just don’t care.
5) Okay, maybe not the last. Although that never hurts.
***AND I’m extending the deadline: I’ll give you until Monday, June 25 to link up before I pull a randomly selected winner for our prize/s.